30 August 2012

Do You Send Postcards When You Travel?


Sent by Mercé (Sri Lanka).
Postcard showing the temple of Lankathilake.

I send a lot of postcards when I travel. Do you do the same? It is a good excuse to visit the post offices, to ask about stamps, to know how the post works in different countries... Does it sound silly?

I usually say that every postcard is considered a gift. It is true. But, of course, there are some favourites. And among these, the postcards that my friends send to me during the trips. People having good time and thinking of friends? It is really thoughtful! Mercé (and her boyfriend) sent this postcard since the city of Nuwara Eliya. They went there to visit the tea plantations. This makes me jealous, of course! The whole trip makes me jealous, but especially this part, you know.

And in the post office they discovered a postcard of Beruwela lighthouse. As Mercé knows I'm crazy about lighthouses, she sent this postcard too. 2 for 1!


I can dream the rest of the year with the summer postcards...

2 comments:

  1. I travel unfortunately almost never because I start to work first and want to make money. Next year I really want to go on vacation.
    I think it's really great to have friends in their holiday think of us and surprise us with a beautiful card!

    Greetings Steffi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you: receiving postcards is like travelling a bit... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.