09 November 2013

Manila Paper


As you might noticed, lately I use a lot this kind of envelopes, made of Manila paper. I find this paper simple but beautiful, easy to decorate and also related to sort of old-fashioned mail. But I have never realized there are slight differences in the colour (maybe you cannot perceive it; my picture is not very good, sorry!).

I smiled when I read in the Wikipedia: "Because this paper is generally inexpensive, it is commonly given to children for making child art".

3 comments:

  1. Long may we all remain children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the UK, though, manila envelopes are often used for business correspondence, probably because they are less expensive. I tend to associate them with work or hospital letters, for instance.
    It is nice that Hawwa "revamps" them in this creative way.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.