31 August 2015

Cheerful Fish

Yesterday, my first thought was to publish also this stamp received from Spain. Then I realised that a Basque whale does not fit exactly in the theme fishes.


It belongs to a 2013 sheet devoted to marine species in danger of extinction. Four stamps featuring the Basque whale, the bluefin tuna, the Mediterranean monk seal and the sea lamprey. I have received only the whale, but I have sent the whole set to Heleen (the Netherlands).

I took the pictures without stamps, so better to show  it as posted in Heleen's blog (and the stamps here). But... without any postmark!

After

Someone told me that a lot of my postcards from Spain arrive without postmarks. Shortage of ink? Laziness? ...?

Before

Update: I added this to Sunday Stamps-II, for Mammals of the Sea

10 comments:

  1. Thank you again for this great fish, Eva!

    Concerning uncancelled stamps, I think Correos is not lazy, but generous! :-)
    If you wish, I can cut off the stamps and return them to you, to re-use!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do so I will draw another fish mail for you...:D

      Delete
  2. Love this mail art.
    I've also been getting lots of postcards with uncancelled stamps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      When I receive stamps uncancelled on envelopes, I usually return them to the sender (as Heleen suggested). But I find herder to cut the postcard, and usually I keep it like that.

      Delete
  3. I love those sea creature stamps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those stamps are lovely. Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  4. Great to revisit this wonderful stamp and mail art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming again! I bought that stamps for Heleen. Than it was a surprise to find one of them in my mailbox as well!

      Delete
  5. By coincidence I was sent the stamp sheet a few years ago and loved it. Nice to see the stamps make an appearance here with the friendly fish.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.