02 December 2015

Nijmegen Bridge


After so many bridges sent, Heleen (the Netherlands) was flabbergasted to discover that she had never sent her favourite bridge to me: the Waalbrug, an arch bridge over the river Waal, in Nijmegen.


It was worth waiting, because I received not only one postcard, but two, and added perfectly matched stamps:


On the left, an illustration by Sieb Posthuma. The night picture (also on the postcard) is by Quinta Buma.

The third stamp, received on another postcard, keeps me intrigued: is there a stamp inside a stamp?

2 comments:

  1. Great to see, thank you for posting!

    And yes, there is a tiny stamp in the stamp. The original I drew in 10x15 cm size, and I sticked a real stamp on it, see:
    http://heleendevaan.blogspot.nl/2011/07/kokmeeuw-ontmoet-klm.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I had seen it before! I really like "your" bridge :D

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.