22 March 2016

Slow, Slow Letters

I am more or less used to letters and postcards travelling one or two months before reaching their recipients in Russia and China, especially when I post them in Morocco. It is the same for other distant countries. For instance, I was not surprised that those postcards from Jordan, Palestine and Mexico needed two months to reach my mailbox. To be honest: I was surprised they arrived eventually.

Long delays do not happen often when sending mail to Europe and the USA, or receiving mail from there. However, I sent a letter to the USA on 3 February, and it arrived on 19 March. As the recipient pointed out, it must be some kind of record... And at least four letters from the USA were sent several weeks ago, and they have not arrived (yet?).



This letter sent by Micu (Hungary) is the latest which has amazed me. I received it last Friday (18 March). At first I did not realised that it was actually sent long time ago. If you can see the postmark, you read: 7 December 2015. This was registered. The tracking service of Magyar Posta said that it was sent abroad two days later... But it arrived in Morocco in 15 March, according to Poste Maroc.

I am not sure because the blue postmark is not clear, but I think this one was missent to Algeria. What a long travel for the Smurf who was inside...!

9 comments:

  1. At least it arrived... And how much I love the Mail Pigeon stamp!
    Flying with the mail pigeon might have gone faster!?! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A racing pigeon, indeed! I bet it never wins...

      Delete
  2. Delayed, but what a great mail adventure. And the stamp with the escher-like birds flying out of the back of the truck is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything is ok when the letters arrive eventually, isn't it?
      The stamps are superb!

      Delete
    2. And I think one of mine from TFP will break your record :)

      Delete
    3. I'm looking forward to hear why it was returned...

      Delete
  3. C'est souvent bizarre avec la poste. Au Janvrier 23, j'ai envoyer un paquet avec numero de tracking a Cologne, qui arriverait Mars 13 a Munich....et concernant le tracking, ce paquete la a visite plusieurs endroits en allemagne qui sont pas dans la route directe entre les 2 endroits....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normalement, le courrier recommandé fonctionne très bien en Espagne, et aussi au Maroc. Mais quelquefois, oui, c'est bizarre. Mais, comme j'ait dit à FinnBadger, c'est bien qui finit bien! :)

      À propos: ta lettre est bien arrivée, merci!

      Delete
    2. Heureusement cette est arrivee

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.