17 April 2016

A Postcard from Antarctica?!?


This stamp was issued on 25 October 2015. It belongs to a set of four penguins. This one is the Macaroni (Don't you love the hairstyle?).

A penguin is not a mammal of the sea, so this would not do for today's Sunday Stamps-II. But it arrived on the back of this postcard, showing a Young Bull Fur Seal on Bird Island... Would you accept that?

Photograph taken by Mr Ben Osborne
I had absolutely to share this postcard because it arrived from a place that is difficult to add to the places I've been to category: South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands. A postcard from Antarctica! How cool is it? It arrived on 1 April, after a 34-days trip.


As you can see on the postmark, it was sent from King Edward Point Research Station, but the sender remains a mystery. If it was you, I just want let you know that you made my day! (And of course, let me know if you wish to receive a postcard back.) Mystery solved! I don't know exactly who sent it, but I know who arranged the sending.

13 comments:

  1. Accepted for sure. Such a wonderful stamp, postcard, mystery!

    (it was not me :-) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was *almost* sure it wasn't you ;-)

      Delete
  2. What a super card to arrive in your mailbox, definitely has the wow factor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it has! Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  3. Wow, that is incredible. Lucky you, and what a cool card and stamp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt really lucky when I found it in the mailbox. It's a treasure!

      Delete
  4. Wow...antarctics...et les timbres sont superbe

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting to get a card from Antarctica!!
    (and a chance to see a penguin - with a seal - is quite acceptable. this was probably a more challenging topic than I thought it would be!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably have some stamps of sea mammals,but I didn't look for the,. I just wanted to publish this!

      Delete
  6. Brilliant - the penguin and the seal. You must be very proud to have that card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been certainly a wonderful surprise.

      Delete
  7. The mystery has been solved. Well, I don't know exactly who sent it, but I know who arranged the sending.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.