17 September 2016

Lilacs & Crocuses

Three weeks ago Maria (Connections to the World) launched a linky party: Postcards for the weekend. She said: "My hope is that deltiologists who blog about their hobby can link up and share their postcards under an assigned theme each weekend." Everybody can participate!

The theme for this weekend is Flowers.


A garden bench beneath lilacs in the garden
at Barrington court, Somerset
Postcard sent by Laura (the UK).


Krokussen, Crocuses, Krokusse (Crocus)
This postcard was sent by Heleen (the Netherlands), in March, after a short conversation about crocuses. At least, this is the date written by her on the back: 25-3-2016. There isn't any postcard, so I really don't know why it arrived in Morocco... last week! (?!)

12 comments:

  1. Crocuses bloom in spring, and indeed I've sent you the card 4 days after Spring began... Now it is a week before Autumn!.. Maybe the postal services kept it this long so that we would remember the promising time of spring in post-summertime :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe... There wasn't any clue on the back of the postcard.

      Delete
  2. Wow, quite a long mail adventure for this postcard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lilacs!

    And every year when I see the first little crocus buds I am so happy because spring is on its way. Of course, here in mountainous Yamagata, we might have a few more huge snowfalls before it actually arrives, but...

    Maybe someone needed the crocuses to cheer themself up? Or, maybe the card fell behind a machine or something? It's a mystery, isn't it?!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that will remain a mystery. But, eventually, the postcard arrived, and I feel lucky!

      Delete
  4. Two lovely cards. Sadly most flowers will be replaced by berries shortly. but then berries are pretty too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely to sit among the lilac trees, one of my favourites. I always think of crocus as brave little flowers looking so delicate and yet they survive the coldest weather. Maybe their determination got them to Morocco:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Eva! Thanks for sharing these cards with beautiful matching shades. Your crocuses are awesome for making it to your address in the end! In my 7 years of swapping postcards, I had 1 caard that was routed into another country but also eventually arrived to my address :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've had all kind of mail adventures so far. I don't mind that mail take its time to arrive... if it eventually arrives!

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.