Tabarca


Tabarca is the smallest permanently inhabited islet in Spain, located in the Mediterranean Sea, close to the town of Santa Pola (Valencian Country). There are only 17 permanent inhabitants. 

I was there last summer, and I was told there wasn't any post office, just the yellow post box that you see on the picture. And I was also told that the post service operates every day. 

I sent five postcards from there (I didn't dare to send more!) on 13 July. At least two of them arrived, so I guess the rest did so. One of them was postmarked on 22 July and arrived in the Netherlands a week later (29 July). I am glad it arrived but... What does it mean every day?

2 comments:

  1. Mine arrived on 22nd (thank you) so it obviously travelled differently to the Netherlands one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yours wasn't posted here, but in the mainland. I wasn't 100% sure that this mailbox worked, so I posted just four cards in it. I hope this doesn't disappoint you!

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.