Pages

▼

30 September 2026

The First Letter Café in Europe

Café Pli is a coffeeshop (two addresses, in fact) located in the center of Paris. They offer drinks and pastries, but also a letter writing experience:

Over a pastry or a drink, write a letter to your future self. Confide in yourself with an open heart, encourage yourself, wish yourself certain successes or describe a memory... and receive your letter in 1 year, 5 years or 20 years. You can also write to a loved one for an important day to come: surprise him on a specific day in the future, with a card written by your 10 fingers especially for her/him.

They offer different packages. For instance Pli & Drink:

It includes:
  • 1 drink of your choice
  • 1 card
  • 1 envelope & wax seal
  • 1 stamp
  • 1 tracking number
Storing your letter, to be sent in the future... Prices vary depending on the timing of the fold:
  • To be sent within one year : €15
  • To be sent in 5 years : €25
  • To be sent in 20 years : €45
Additional charge for international shipping: +€4

Have you ever been to a letter café? Would you use the "letters to the future" service?

10 comments:

  1. I'm the cheap type...
    I'd rather write you a letter now and keep It in store so I can post it to you in 45 years time, when I'm 111...
    That way I'll be sure that the letter will be effectively sent... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not so sure about that. 111-year-olds tend to forget things...

      Delete
  2. They are very confident in their business model, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. That's what I thought! Twenty years?!?

      Delete
    2. What you get for the one year price seems reasonable. However, I don't see myself using this kind of service.

      Delete
    3. It doesn't make sense to me. What's the difference with, as Pedro wrote, writing the letter and sending it in a year?

      Also, it could be that with the increase of postage rates the business were bankrupt!

      Delete
  3. oh...that's different! and intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’d probably try it once!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.