A 2025 sheet from France celebrating the 50 anniversary of Radio France.
Below, two se-tenant Canadian stamps from 2020 celebrating the history of radio. As a plus, a Canadian stamp commemorating the centenary of the discovery of insulin.
I like the dynamic French sheet, very striking. Intrigued by what is Canada's largest on the inky cancel, I thought it might be pie from the illustration. AI may be about exterminate the human race but it could tell me it was a giant pyrogy and fork roadside attraction. I'd be stopping there, I do like dumplings and it must be said, pies.
It seems the pub of a science-fiction series, doesn't it? But, actually, the radio is a really great (and cheap) invention that still works well after so many years.
I like the colors on the French one. It made me think of the old movie Tron, even though I don't remember if that had colors like that! The cancellation does look like a pie, but it would be half a pie. Perogy makes more sense! The images of it online are kind of disappointing. Just so, so, white, chalk white!
I love the Radio France sheet. It is so big one could frame it and hang it on the wall :-) Still I confess I had an hard time deciphering all the symbology hidden in it, most of which, to me, was only apparent after reading the release notes. Not an easy one to grasp if you are not French. Still on the topic of Radio, I got a couple of nice Brazilian issues from a fellow collector there. You can see them here and here.
I like the dynamic French sheet, very striking. Intrigued by what is Canada's largest on the inky cancel, I thought it might be pie from the illustration. AI may be about exterminate the human race but it could tell me it was a giant pyrogy and fork roadside attraction. I'd be stopping there, I do like dumplings and it must be said, pies.
ReplyDeleteWorld's Largest Pierogi located in Glendon, Alberta, Canada. I got these stamps in 2023, so I do not remember why this postcard got that pictorial postmark, sorry.
DeleteI love the Canadian stamps, bright and colorful. Insulin is definitely a great discovery..
ReplyDeleteI like how both, French and Canadian, try to represent the waves.
DeleteWow, that mini-sheet is spectacular, and I love the se-tenant. pair from Canada.
ReplyDeleteIt seems the pub of a science-fiction series, doesn't it? But, actually, the radio is a really great (and cheap) invention that still works well after so many years.
DeleteI don't remember seeing that radio stamp... so am glad you included it. Alberta has some nice cancels
ReplyDeleteColourful, bright and intersting issue!
DeleteI like the colors on the French one. It made me think of the old movie Tron, even though I don't remember if that had colors like that! The cancellation does look like a pie, but it would be half a pie. Perogy makes more sense! The images of it online are kind of disappointing. Just so, so, white, chalk white!
ReplyDeleteI haven't seen Tron. Pierogi are not popular here, so I had to look for the meaning of the postmark.
DeleteI love the Radio France sheet. It is so big one could frame it and hang it on the wall :-)
ReplyDeleteStill I confess I had an hard time deciphering all the symbology hidden in it, most of which, to me, was only apparent after reading the release notes. Not an easy one to grasp if you are not French.
Still on the topic of Radio, I got a couple of nice Brazilian issues from a fellow collector there. You can see them
here and here.
I love the Brazilian stamps. As I wrote above... a really important invention! No wonder there are so many stamps dedicated to the topic.
Delete