
The Ponte 25 de Abril (='25th of April Bridge') is a suspension bridge connecting the city of Lisbon, capital of Portugal, with the municipality of Almada on the left (south) bank of the Tagus River. It has a main span length of 1,013 metres.
At the time of its inauguration in 1966, the bridge was named Ponte Salazar (='Salazar Bridge'), after the Portuguese dictator António de Oliveira Salazar, who ordered its construction. After the Carnation Revolution in 1974, the bridge was renamed for April 25, the date of the revolution.
Postcard sent by Pedro (Portugal).
Pont de les Mores in Olot is a bridge built in the second half of the 19th century over the Fluvià river. It is made with volcanic stone, while the five arches are made of brick.
The sender told me this is a beautiful city but an ugly postcard. What do you think?
-----------------------------------------------
Thursday Postcard Hunt
September theme: BRIDGES
September theme: BRIDGES
- Week 1 - Over land
- Week 2 - Over water
- Week 3 - Railway
- Week 4 - Moveable

The Ponte 25 has some similarities to the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco. I like those lights on the Ponte 25.
ReplyDeleteIt looks nice at night.
DeleteIt is beautiful, but unfortunately it should now be called "The Constant Jam Bridge"... Even the train that runs on it is crowded beyond hope most of the day...
ReplyDeleteFunny, I posted a card with a bridge today, too :-)
Don't know what happened but I cannot load images from my own computer to blogger as of today. it's only accepting them through google photos.... ever had this problem?
I had troubles this morning uploading pictures too, so maybe it is something general.
DeleteBy the way, you could participate today in Thursday Postcard Hunt :)
how does that work?
DeleteThere is a theme every week, published on Violet's blog, right column. The due Thursday, you public a postcard (or more than one) related to the topic on your blog, and then you add the link to your post in the comments section each Thursday.
DeleteNo more rules: you can interpret the theme any way you wish, and you can participate whenever you feel like (no obligation to do it every week!). Also, it is nice if you comment the posts of the rest of participants.
Sunday Stamps works the same way, but for stamps.
You would be most welcome!
DeleteOk, thanks for the invitation. I'll add a link to my post of today in the comments section then and take a look t what's going on. Please bear with me if I do anything out of order, and do let me know.
DeleteThanks again.
Oh, and I've sorted the image uploading problem, it seems....
I had the same problem today but I could upload using the html option.
DeleteNot an ugly postcard at all! It's unique with the water splashing out of the image. Plus, it's not the same ol' view of a bridge over a placid river.
ReplyDeleteI think she said so because of the colour of water. But I can confirm Olot is a very nice city!
DeleteI am often a little disappointed at the colour of the water in rivers (such high expectations, I guess!) but I love how this card shows the force of the water. That is quite an atmospheric view of the first bridge.
ReplyDeleteI think the picture could be better, but me too, I like they showed the power of the river here.
DeleteI like old bridges, so I don't think the old bridge postcard is ugly. I also like the little detail of water flowing out of the frame...
ReplyDeleteDefinitely... (almost) nobody thinks this postcard is ugly! :)
DeleteI like the night view, makes it look as though the bridge is floating. I too like the water flowing out of the card. Olot with its volcanoes is fascinating, what beautiful surroundings
ReplyDeleteThe first picture is quite atmospheric, isn't it?
Delete