What a gorgeous piece. I had to look it up. Amazing that it was so finely scultuded from one solid block of wood (except the right forearm) and the size is enormous....
I think the statue must be impressive. As for the postcard, I received it from China without any clue about its meaning or why the sender had chosen it.
Its a very calm and relaxing statue. Maybe the sender was being philosophical. The Bodhisattva gazes at the moon reflected in the water symbolising the illusory and transient nature of life.
What a gorgeous piece. I had to look it up. Amazing that it was so finely scultuded from one solid block of wood (except the right forearm) and the size is enormous....
ReplyDeleteI think the statue must be impressive. As for the postcard, I received it from China without any clue about its meaning or why the sender had chosen it.
DeleteIts a very calm and relaxing statue. Maybe the sender was being philosophical. The Bodhisattva gazes at the moon reflected in the water symbolising the illusory and transient nature of life.
DeleteI agree it is relaxing and calm inspiring.
DeleteI've seen that pose before, and now know that it's called "royal-ease'. It is indeed comfortable.
ReplyDeleteOh, I didn't know.
DeleteWhat a beautiful statue!
ReplyDeleteIt must be very nica in person.
DeleteI read about it too. Amazing it's from a single block of wood, and so tall!
ReplyDeleteI like the place it is exhibited, too.
Delete