11 September 2022

Sunday Stamps | Black

I may have a lot of black stamps, but these two came immediately to my mind when I read the theme of today's Sunday Stamps: The black colour.

United Arab Emirates, 2018

Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan (1918-2004) was an Emirati politician, statesman, and philanthropist who served as the first president of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) from 1971 until his death in 2004. He is credited as the founding father and the principal driving force behind the formation of the UAE, uniting seven emirates. 

2018 was declared the Year of Zayed to mark 100 years since his birth.


Finland, 2015

Among the works of art that participated in the design competition organized in the spring 2014, six were selected to be featured in the stamps issued on January to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the Artists' Association of Finland. 

This stamp features one of the selected works: Piste ('Dot') by Mika Natri.

5 comments:

  1. Well done, those are the blackest of stamps, couldn't be more on theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Joy. Mika Natri has some interesting art and this one certainly suits our theme. I like the Zayed stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The second stamp is so neat, and fits the theme. I had to search a bit for my USA stamp.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.