02 July 2026

Thursday Postcard Hunt | Big Catholic Churches

(Under construcion)
Barcelona, PC

Cathedral of Our Lady of the Holy Assumption
Valladolid, Spain

Cathedral-Basilica of Our Lady of the Pillar
Zaragoza, Spain

Cathedral of the Assumption of Our Lady
Guadalajara, Mexico


Postcards sent by Imma (PC), Bruno (Spain) and Bryon (United Nations).

-----------------------------------------------
Thursday Postcard Hunt
July theme: ARCHITECTURE
Everyone is welcome to share their postcards!

8 comments:

  1. Big Catholic churches are so very dominating

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always loved Barcelona with its block plan; the basilica fits right into it. Amazing architecture! The other churches are also beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they destroyed part of the city to do so, but the aerial view of Barcelona is impressing nowadays.

      Delete
  3. I wonder what the Barcelona view looked like when they started? I was there in 1969-1970 and thought it would be finished before now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was there when it had only four towers; then, when it had eight... I guess it won't take too many years to be finished!

      Delete
  4. I like the aerial view of Barcelona with the cathedral shooting up into the sky. I think one has to compare it to medieval cathedrals which also took a long time to build. Worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, it is not a cathedral. The cathedral was finished centuries ago ;)

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.