
Le Tour du monde en quatre-vingts jours (='Around the World in Eighty Days´) is an adventure novel by the French writer Jules Verne, first published in 1872. In the story, Phileas Fogg of London and his newly employed French valet Passepartout attempt to circumnavigate the world in 80 days on a wager of £20,00. If you have read it, I am sure you remember the chapter when Fogg has to purchase an elephant because the railway line to Calcutta is incomplete...
Verne is a favourite author, but I cannot say that I get a lot of mail related to his works. This postcard was sent by Laura (the UK).
-----------------------------------------------
Thursday Postcard Hunt
August theme: TRAVELLING
August theme: TRAVELLING
- Week 1 - Trains
- Week 2 - Boats
- Week 3 - Animals
- Week 4 - Buses, Cars
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.