07 October 2026

There Is Nothing Better Than a Typewritten Letter

This is one of the typewriters I own, and the one I use more often for my letters (actually, this photo is taken from here and shows the same model and colour; mine is a bit more worn). It has been in use for over 60 years.
Olivetti Lettera 44

Typewriters have always fascinated me. I just love the sound of the keys and how they allow me to fous solely in writing. Today I came across (old) article about Ten Ways a Typewriter Will Improve Your Writing, with most of which I agree.

Do you use a typewriter? And, in any case, do you like receiving typewritten letters, or do you prefer handwritten ones?

1 comment:

  1. I’ve not owned a typewriter in more than 30 years I’d guess but I did learn how to type on one back in my high school days. I always enjoy receiving the rare typewritten letter though!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.