23 April 2022

Books & Roses Day


23 April is Sant Jordi ('Saint George’s Day'), and also the UNESCO World Book and Copyright Day, when love and literature are celebrated massively throughout the Catalan countries and, more and more, in many other places around the world. The exchange of books and roses (#BooksAndRoses) is turning into a worldwide phenomenon.

It is also one of my favourite days of the year.

A book and a rose on my name :)
(And book-related stamps!)


Mail sent by Heleen (the Netherlands) and Pina (Belgium).

2 comments:

  1. Feliç dia de Sant Jordi! Happy Sant Jordi's day!


    This year's books and roses from me to you are a little late (er, as almost usual?...). I have them almost ready-to-send but still have to put them into the mailbox.. Hopefully you'll receive it in time for next year's Sant Jordi's day!
    My wish for today: enjoy!

    By the way: 'copyright day' is new to me!? But I can understand it, it helps authors to keep on writing and publishers to keep on publishing books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A envelope with a couple of book-related postcards arrived from you this week. But I hadn't the time to take pictures and add to this post. They will appear soon.

      Thanks :)

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.