08 May 2022

Sunday Stamps | Fairy Tales

Your choice is possible the most difficult theme in Sunday Stamps!  Today, I have chosen some stamps featuring legends and fairy tales:

Finland, 1990. This stamp belongs to a series that features the work of the illustrator Rudolf Koivu. I have found that the illustration belongs to the tale Lamb Brother.

Germany, 2020. The legend of The Pied Piper of Hamelin (above) and a tale collected by the Brothers Grimm: The Wolf and Seven Young Goats (below).


Croatia, 2009. Svarožić, the small god of fire (left) and Bjesomar, an evil spirit (right), characters in Priče iz davnine ('Croatian Tales of Long Ago'), by Ivana Brlić-Mažuranić.

4 comments:

  1. The wolf is very scary, thank goodness there is a smiley face from your sender to lighten the mood. Fairy tales and legends are one of my favourite stamp subjects

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also enjoy fairy tales and legends and am always surprised at how many are unfamiliar to me. It can be frustrating identifying some stamps when they give no written clues!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Finnish and Croatian ones were also unknown to me. I'm familiar with the other tales.

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.