02 August 2026

Sunday Stamps | Iberia


Iberia is the flag carrier of Spain. It was founded in 1927, an this stamp from 2002 commemorates its 75th anniversary.

Go to Sunday Stamps to see more Aviation stamps.

13 comments:

  1. I like how the aircraft is emerging from the clouds behind it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a funny point of view for the illustration.

      Delete
  2. Yes, this one does need enlarging to really see it. Reading the history was so interesting - not something I had thought about before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes part of the history of this country!

      Delete
  3. A beautiful design on this stamp. I like the tiny beady eyes of the plane...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice stamp, with (a lot of) nice postmarks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These stamps arrived on an envelope sent by a philatelic shop. They always use nice stamps, of course!

      Delete
  5. I too quite like the design, plus seeing the 747 again in Iberia colours, and although there are a few airlines still flying them for passenger services, is a window (a large one) fully open into the history of civil aviation in the latter half of the 20th century. TAP had 4 of them in the 70s mid 80s too... beautiful things they were...
    (but then again if it flies me likes, be it aircraft or damselfly...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know you like flying things so much!

      Delete
  6. The only exceptions are mosquitoes (because they bite) and cockroaches (because they are :-)).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know what a flag carrier airline was until now, I looked it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I didn't know the term in English until I looked it up for this post :)

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.