27 August 2026

Thursday Postcard Hunt | Mini

Again, a re-posted postcard for Thursday Postcard Hunt..

This postcard was sent by John (UK), and a bit damaged on way. It was issued by Royal Mail on 13 January 2009. It was reproduced from a stamp designed by HGV and featuring photography by Jason Tozer of a Mini. The postcard arrived with this matched stamp of a Ford Anglia 105E on its back:

-----------------------------------------------
Thursday Postcard Hunt
August theme: TRAVELLING
Everyone is welcome to share their postcards!

9 comments:

  1. i really like the turquoise colour of both these cars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nowadays, most cars are grey or white around here.

      Delete
  2. I like the Mini postcard. reminds me of when I had one while I was still living in Italy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason, I would always associate Minis to Italy :)

      Delete
  3. Cute little cars. I like seeing stamps on postcards, the image side I mean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are nice. Long time since I have received one, though. I don't know if they still issue them.

      Delete
  4. The mini has ballooned in size since those days, I think the old mini was a lot more fun although it was very basic inside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GB-65-66
    That was my father's first car, An Austin Mini 850, with sliding front windows and a cord that you pulled to open the front door.
    Just like the one in the card, only British racing green in colour (the only thing racy about it...)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.