06 August 2026

Thursday Postcard Hunt | Old Trains

I have not received any postcards with trains recently, so I am re-posting old ones...

Dampflokomotive Nr. 30 (1904)
(Germany)

Dampflokomotiven Nr. ZRS 422 0108
MÁV 22.034 und CSD 313 432 in Zvolen AM 11
(Hungary)

Nova Gorica Railway Station and Večnamenska locomotive (1944)
(Slovenia)

The Locomotve No. 23
(United States)

And remember...


Sent by Yvonne (Germany), Bertalan (Hungary), Jože (Slovenia), Catherine (the USA) and Laura (the UK).

-----------------------------------------------
Thursday Postcard Hunt
August theme: TRAVELLING
Everyone is welcome to share their postcards!

8 comments:

  1. I really like the locomotive 23 postcard!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Train trips were quite different then...

      Delete
  2. An interesting Hungarian postcard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It surprised me. Not a perspective one would expect to find on a commercial postcard.

      Delete
  3. I like the Hungarian image, tiny locos steaming down the track.

    ReplyDelete
  4. More belching smoke! The only trains I've been on (besides our local commuter one) have been in Europe and I really wish we still had train tracks crisscrossing the countryside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess travelling by train os far more usual in Europe. Although Spain is not the best place for that: our railways service is becoming worse and worse.

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.