What’s kind of sad to me is that I have not heard a peep of criticism about this Ralph Lauren set! And it’s not because it does not deserve some but because many people no longer send mail and use stamps -and those that do use stamps tend to buy the oft available drab definitive stamps and rarely use interesting and controversial stamps like these! I think I will buy more of them! Ha
I guess nowadays only raise controversy among collectors. I have read a couple of articles on the Internet, that is all.
In Spain, you can buy stamps at the tobacconist's or the post offices. But only in big cities they have a wide range of stamps. So, if you are not a collector or an inveterate letter writer, you are not aware of the new issues.
I hadn't read about any controversy - I get some of it. I think the stamps are good quality, and look very nice in person. The image that I find the oddest is the hamburger.
Like Bryon, I rarely use the definitive stamps unless it's the makeup value ones.
What’s kind of sad to me is that I have not heard a peep of criticism about this Ralph Lauren set! And it’s not because it does not deserve some but because many people no longer send mail and use stamps -and those that do use stamps tend to buy the oft available drab definitive stamps and rarely use interesting and controversial stamps like these! I think I will buy more of them! Ha
ReplyDeleteI guess nowadays only raise controversy among collectors. I have read a couple of articles on the Internet, that is all.
DeleteIn Spain, you can buy stamps at the tobacconist's or the post offices. But only in big cities they have a wide range of stamps. So, if you are not a collector or an inveterate letter writer, you are not aware of the new issues.
I hadn't read about any controversy - I get some of it. I think the stamps are good quality, and look very nice in person. The image that I find the oddest is the hamburger.
ReplyDeleteLike Bryon, I rarely use the definitive stamps unless it's the makeup value ones.
But everyone associates hamburgers with the USA! :D
Delete