Fietsbrug't Sasje is a movable cycle and pedestrian bridge over the Eem in Amersfoort (the Netherlands), which was initially conceived as a fixed bridge at first. I have read that a source of inspiration was pictures of the Eemhaven in older times, which show atmospheric images of the harbour filled with ships and masts.
Postcard sent by Heleen (the Netherlands).
-----------------------------------------------
Thursday Postcard Hunt
September theme: BRIDGES
September theme: BRIDGES
- Week 1 - Over land
- Week 2 - Over water
- Week 3 - Railway
- Week 4 - Moveable
I can see why... It is easy to look at those cannals and imagine more masts of boats and barges moored on the margins....
ReplyDeleteThe postcard is a modern photo, but it looks somehow vintage.
DeleteIt has a beautiful, slim architecture! So pretty!
ReplyDeleteI agree. It is a very elegant bridge!
DeleteI like the airy nature of the bridge. Nice river reflections.
ReplyDeleteThe reflections and the colour of the skie are perfect on this picture.
DeleteYou can see where the mast inspiration came. Dutch bridges often look so sleek.
ReplyDeleteTrue. Just the opposite to the bridges in South Europe!
DeleteI never thought of pedestrian bridges needing to be moved! So low to the water I can see why though.
ReplyDeleteThere must be some like this in the Netherlands, I guess.
Delete