22 September 2017

Autumn Harvests


Postcard sent by Heleen (the Netherlands). It is an illustration by Marit Törnqvist, from de book Jij bent de liefste (Hans & Monique Uitgeverij). I don't know the story, and I don't think they are harvesting sunflowers... But the scene made me think of the Autumn, so I added it to Maria's link Postcards for the Weekend, the theme this week being Fall scenes.



A gorgeous postcard sent by Bryon (the USA). I don't know which variety these Washington apples are, so I am not sure they are harvested in Autumn...



Also sent by Bryon. This is a real fall scene! As I read in the Idaho Potato Commission's site: "Harvest begins in early September and can run through most of October. Most of the potatoes are harvested in the last two weeks of September and the first two weeks of October". I didn't know that Idaho potato's were so famous. The sender wrote that the one on the picture can be "a slight exaggeration"... :)




Autumn is also the season of harvesting oranges, at least here, and in my region. This metallic (yes!) postcard was sent by Heleen (the Netherlands); inside a nice reused envelope, with some orange/autumn stamps on and funny postmarks:




I received the next one, made of a label of beer, the same week, along with a letter from Alan (Adanaland). Have a look at the artiststamps! It is odd, but I find the light on this related to the orange peel above...



Last but not least, let me show a beautiful postcard recently sent by Micu (Hungary), showing Lake Balaton, the largest lake in Central Europe. Maybe these are summer pictures. But orange, besides being one of my favourite colours, is usually associated with Autumn...


12 comments:

  1. Such an interesting collection!

    And I am happy the Orangina postcard made it (and to see how PostNL teied - and succeeded - to catch all stamps by the wavy postmarks:-) ).
    You're right, also I see how well the lighthouse's light matches with the orange peel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *tried, not teied :-)

      Delete
    2. And Alan's artistamps are beautiful!! The background colour comes close to my favourite colour :-) - the complete composition is beautiful; I just now realize how well orange and turquoise are matching!

      Delete
    3. Now, to my surprise, Orangina is starting to become fashionable in Morocco!

      I thought you have realised that the combination of turquoise and orange is good... when you knitted the lighthouse that is hanging on our living room!

      Delete
  2. Love, love, love the Lake Balaton card!
    And, yes, Idaho potatoes are famous. In Canada, it is the Prince Edward Island potatoes that get the glory as the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a new information for me. But, of course, now I'd like to taste them!

      Delete
  3. What a nice title, autumn harvest :) I'm happy to read this while having my breakfast. The apples, oranges, and potatoes make me hungry. Three essentials of my diet. Thanks for sharing these postcards and have a lovely autumn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you a happy Autumn, too. Even if you don't have 4 seasons... Seasons are more and more blurred here too.

      Delete
  4. I like the "dreamy" quality of the first card :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.