23 October 2013

A Box from...



I am not sure if the site of A box from is still working, but I think it is an original idea. This is: send boxes with several typical items from a country the receiver has never been to (as Iran and South Korea, so far). The cost is 40 €, and the box weights about 1 kg. You can see the content here.

Sometimes when I travel I sent this kind of little treasures to my friends. I never thought it could be a idea for a business (indeed, I live in an exotic country...). What do you thing? Would you like to pay for receive a box like these? I have only got one postcard from Iran to date, from a friend who visited that country. And one postcard from South Korea (through Postcrossing). But I am not sure about the idea of paying for getting mail.

Oh, now I remember I have received an Iranian picture that I love a lot. It was sent by Heleen from the Netherlands:

Iran, 1960, by René Burri.
People eating the delicious Iranian bread nun-e lavash (نون لواش)

7 comments:

  1. What a treasure! I don't have any Iranian postcard. You're so lucky to have a postcard fr Iran and South Korea. I don't have any from both countries...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My postcard from Iran was sent by my friend in the last minute, in the airport! :)

      Delete
  2. Al principi em pensava que tu com a usuari anaves a correus i compraves una d'aquestes capsetes per enviar als teus amics i t'anava a dir, com tu suggereixes, és molt millor fer-la tu mateix per als amics, amb allò que és per a tu el nou país. Però si es tracta de pagar per a rebre-la em passaria com a tu, pot ser un experiment, però no penso que ho fes més d'una vegada perquè ho trobo impersonal. Bé, també pot ser que el país sigui la destinació somniat i no et vingui al cap quan hi podràs o si hi podràs anar... Què faràs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Però és curiós que hi haja gent disposada a pagar (en fi, diu que s'han esgotat). Cada vegada trobo més iniciatives semblants a la xarxa, gent que "ven" cartes. Tampoc no és que em semble malament, només estrany. Al capdavall, comprem llibres per Internet i els rebem a casa... quina diferència amb rebre cartes? Pots estar tanta estona llegint-les com un llibre!

      Segur que seria el meu negoci ideal, escriure cartes és el que millor sé fer, tinc una llarga experiència (i no ho poso mai al meu currículum, ha ha).

      Delete
    2. Qui sap, tot arribarà :P La concepció que tenim amb les cartes, almenys en el meu cas, és que m'evoquen el vincle que tinc amb la persona que me les envia i quan n'envio jo no paro de pensar en quan la rebrà (però aquesta part es mantindria igual i fins i tot el pots imaginar com deu ser aquella persona que la rebrà ^^).

      Delete
  3. this is very interesting...but it is always nicer to get gifts from someone you are corresponding with...I

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find this somewhat weird. I'm finding more and more "business" like that and I always wonder if that works. The idea of paying money is the opposite to mi idea of correspondence. I mean... we pay, but in letters!!

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.