14 November 2017

Paper Wine


Letter sent to Bryon (the USA).

The stamp on the bottle is the Spanish contribution to the Europa Stamp Contest theme this year. It depicts de castle of Manzanares el Real in Madrid. When I was writing the letter, I thought that Castillo de Manzanares would make a great name for a Spanish wine... And after a short Internet research, I learned that it is an actual brand.

Bryon sent me a colour photocopy for me to see that, well, it was a certain battle between the envelope and the postal machines (and workers?). Poor bottle!


More information about the stamp, here. The other stamp, in the label, belongs to the basic series of the former king of Spain.

11 comments:

  1. I love the way you created the bottle and the label :-)

    Anyhow, I think also the postmark-battle-on-bottle version interesting to see!..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was funny to create a wine bottle design for a wine-lover. However, I couldn't make it look more real, i. e., darker, because I wanted the address to be clearly read.

      And yes... sometime postal machines (or monsters?) are really wild!

      Delete
  2. I love all the crazy postmarks on this envelope... perhaps the machine was a little tipsy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Postal machines drinking paper wine? That's a new mailmonsters idea!

      Delete
  3. I loved the creativity of the mail art, especially the wine theme! I wonder sometimes what goes through the postal employee's mind when postmarking like that? Was it done by just one person, or possibly several employees together? Any postal employees out there who may want to share their insight? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you liked it :D
      I guess these are postal machines. I can't imagine a postal worker tormenting a letter in this way.

      Delete
  4. Je pense que ta jolie bouteille de vin est tombée sur un mail artiste qui trouvait que ton œuvre manquait de cachets ! Great work !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D'une certaine façon, tous les employés de la poste sont des artistes postaux...

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.