26 November 2017

Sunday Stamps | Q(aboos)


Qaboos bin Said Al Said (Arabic: قابوس بن سعيد آل سعيد) is the Sultan of Oman. He is the longest serving Arab leader, having held the office since 1970. The stamp above was issued on 9 Novembre 2011 to commemorate the 25th Anniversary of Sultan Qaboss University, the only public university in the Sultanate of Oman.

The stamp below, issued on 3 November 2012, celebrates the Sultan Qaboos Award for Sailing. It shows the golden trophy. It is a very impressive stamp, golden printed and with certain relief.


Q isn't an easy letter! See more Q-stamps on Sunday Stamps-II.

12 comments:

  1. An unexpected word for Q. Looks a very nice Sailing Award stamp - with what looks like multiple postmarks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent find!!
    I like all the symbols on the silver jubilee one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the 3D effect of the sailing stamp. Great name and perfect for Q, I like that he is an amateur radio enthusiast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pity that it is difficult to get a better picture, because it is gorgeous in person.

      Delete
  4. Interesting information, also the additional info on wikipedia, I never had heard of him before. Thank you for sharing and increasing our knowledge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never know what can your learn by looking to your received stamps... :)

      Delete
  5. I agree, Q is not an easy letter, therefore more fun with the posts, and you definitely found something not so ordinary, that like comes first to the mind when thinking of Q :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first thing that came to my mind was Queens, actually. But I have already published a lot of posts about queens' stamps...

      Delete
  6. Qaboos is a name I have never come across before. He fits well with my long serving heads of state,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.