04 October 2020

Sunday Stamps | Rivers in Germany


The Möhne Reservoir is an artificial lake in North Rhine-Westphalia, some 45 km east of Dortmund, Germany. The lake is formed by the damming of two rivers, Möhne and Heve. This stamp was issued on 2 May 2013, to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the dam.



The Moselle, Mosel or Musel is a river that rises in the Vosges mountains and flows through north-eastern France, Luxembourg, and western Germany. 



These stamps were issued on 7 April 2016. I received both, but on different envelopes. This is how they look like together:


This is a post for Sunday Stamps, the today's topic being Rivers and/or Waterfalls.

6 comments:

  1. I think I might have both of these stamps, but didn't realize they were se-tenant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only realised it after I got a different pair of se-tenant. They look cool together, don't they?

      Delete
  2. A very photogenic river,I love the bends. I remember seeing a trickle of water coming out of the hillside in the Vosges, the stone marking it as the source was larger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A dam on the Mohne was breached by the Dambusters Raid during the war. I wonder whether it was this one. The se-tenant stamps makes your post this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.