26 February 2021

Have I Already Said the World Needs More Scientists?

Mamie Phipps-Clark(1917-1983)
Psychologist and Civil Rights Activist
"I began to think that a crucial part of children's lives,
no matter what happens, has to be a degree of 
security and acceptance.
"

Maria Goeppert-Mayer (1906-1972)
Theoretical Physicist
"When you love science, all you really want is to keep working"


Hedy Lamarr (1914-2000)
Inventor and Film Actress
"[My father] made me understand that I must make my own
decisions, mold my own character, think my own thoughts
."

Dorothy Hodgkin (1910-1994)
Biochemist and X-ray Crystallographer
"I was captured for life by chemistry and by crystals."

The last one arrived with the Innovation stamps and First Day pictorial postmark (also on this post):

4 comments:

  1. Nice to see this group of remarkable women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen this series - and decided not to buy it. Now, seeing your many posts, I am regretting that decision!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.