12 September 2021

Sunday Stamps | Emilio Sánchez

Today's theme in Sunday Stamps is Art/Paintings. I have chosen these stamps I got last week.


The stamps on the right feature two works by the artist Emilio Sánchez. You can read more about this issue here. It includes two more stamps.

I am afraid the sender did not pay attention when he stuck the stamps on the envelope. The artworks  make much more sense in the right way:

Untitled (Ventanita entreabierta)
Lowe Art Museum

En el Souk
Syracuse University Art Museum

Update 24/Oct/2021: I got more stamps from this series.

Update 04/Jan/2022:

6 comments:

  1. Yes I was wondering what they were, I'm trying to resit the urge to say Frost's most famous line, nope can't do it - they took the road less traveled.
    Not an artist I know but I like the intense light and shade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first stamp, at first sight, looked like a mail slot to me! I didn't know this artist.

      Delete
  2. Yes the art is rather abstract on its side, makes more sense in the right orientation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once you see the correct aspect you can see it in the stamp, but I suspect the sender wanted them all to align in a vertical format? Or maybe wasn't all that into art to see?
    I really like these, the bright colours and the clearly defined shadows. I am imagining an intense hot day with no cooling breeze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These artworks are quite impressive. Now I'd like to see them in person, but I'm afraid most of them are too far from home!

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.