06 August 2023

Sunday Stamps | Patterns

Some stamps showing beautiful Patterns for today's Sunday Stamps:

These two stamps from 2011 belong to same series: Morris and Company. Feel free to ignore the dreadful cancellation on the second one.
The original company of Morris, Marshall, Faulkner & Co. was founded in 1861, and quickly established a reputation for fashionable interior design and manufacture of fine furniture and decorations. Its Pre-Raphaelite founders were artist and designer William Morris, together with partners Edward Burne-Jones, Dante Gabriel Rossetti, the architect Philip Webb, artist Ford Madox Brown, his associate Peter Paul Marshall and Charles Faulkner.
Text taken from this site, where you can see the whole set. 


This stamp, designed by Marzanna Dąbrowska, seems to be a very usual one. It belongs to the 2013 Economic and Priority Stamps. The designs are eye-catching, do not you think so?



Gifts of the Forest is the name of the set this stamp belongs to, issued in 2018. I have got only this one, but, again, I found a picture of the sheet on the net:


  
Not easy stamps to get, due to their high face rates. I am not sure I have seen (let alone get) a lot of 2$ and 5$ stamps. And it seems there is a 10$ one, too. According to the information on the USPS site, "the designs become more complex as the denominations rise".

6 comments:

  1. I like your first stamp. I have shared the $10 USA stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first stamp is indeed very pretty! i do like the ones from Poland forming the letters E and P.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hadn't realised they from letters until you pointed it. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. I've always liked William Morris prints. and now I will run over to Viridian's post see the $10 version of these lovely stamps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went once to an exhibition about William Morris and it was just fantastic.

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.