20 August 2023

Sunday Stamps | Protection of Biodiversity

Today's theme in Sunday Stamps is WWF endangered or vulnerable species. I have recently got three stamps from the Endangered Species set, issued by USPS on 19 May 2023:

Laysan teal

Candy darter

Masked bobwhite quail

Roanoke logperch*

Nashville crayfish*

San Francisco garter snake**

Some days it seems that every species on Earth is endangered...

Expo'74 World's Fair Issue: Preserve the Environment
USA, 1974

Protection of Biodiversity
China, 2004

*Update: September 2023
**Update: October 2023

10 comments:

  1. I'll be sharing some of the USA endangered species stamps shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Candy Darter, a piece of natures wonder which would be a loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. as much as I hate to read of animals being endangered, this is one way I learn about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stamps are my way of learning among a lot of topics :)

      Delete
  4. The Endangered Species set is a beautiful USPS issue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stamps are wonderful in person. Thanks for sending these!

      Delete
  5. The fish is gorgeous. But the quail and babies stamp is so darn cute. I agree with you'all about learning from stamps: I too am learning a lot by searching and reading on them: it's great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you never get tired, because stamps are infinite! :)

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.