20 September 2018

Dear Tia


Phillip has a mail art project called poems found in morrow. He sent out postcards reproducing pages of HM Hoover's post-apocalyptic young adult novel Treasures of Morrow, and ask to delete text in any way, to create a found poem.

Last time I did. But on this page, what I found was a letter instead...


Tia,

Work harder. Perhaps another thing surprise you. Simon have a good house. Rabbit's lucky. Max always had that. You can study. You are smarter than any one else.
Mother
(As it seemed a reply, I decided to imagine the letter that Tia had previously sent to his mum, and write part of it on the postcard.)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking part, Eva. I am working on a plan to publish the latest set of found poetry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure. I'd like to see the found poems.

      Delete
  2. Such an original idea, two letters for the to-have-been-found text!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is always a letter hidden everywhere :D

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.