22 December 2019

Sunday Stamps | Religious Christmas

Today's theme in Sunday Stamps is Christmas (religious). But it seems that Christmas stamps are becoming more and more secular, according with what I have received.


This is one of the Christmas stamps issued this year by the Spanish postal service. It shows one of the awaited moments in many Spanish homes: the family gathering to put together the Manger Scene.


I have received only one of the 2019 Royal Mail Christmas stamps. If you look at the details... They are amazing stamps!

7 comments:

  1. That is a nice Spanish tradition, I love a manger scene. Yes I like this year's Royal Mail stamps too, interesting to read the work that went into them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think most people hasn't realised that work on these British stamps.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for that great link about the story behind the stamps. I would have thought they were created digitally, had no idea of all the work that went into creating paper cutouts to create the effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I want - need - to get this FDC!!
    And did anyone else notice the one commenter from the website link who clearly does not appreciate craftsmanship?!

    I have a friend who collects manger scenes and he has quite a wide variety. He sometimes has a nativity party and we all put them together after a few drinks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read now that comment :|

      Delete
    2. There was a funny electronic sign on the highway over the holidays: If your relatives make you drink, don't drive.

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.