17 January 2020

Semi-postals

A semi-postal stamp or semipostal stamp, also known as a charity stamp, is a postage stamp issued to raise money for a particular purpose (such as a charitable cause) and sold at a premium over the postal value.

This one was issued by USPS on 2 December 2019, in order to raise funds to help treat those impacted by Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). The green plant sprouting from the ground symbolizes the PTSD healing process, growth and hope (More information).

I received last week a postcard with one of those stamps (above), and then another one with two of those:

And, this week... an envelope with three of those semi-postals!

The last one, containing a beautiful New Year card. It is still January!
And now let us welcome the new year
full of things that have never been.
Reiner Maria Rilke

4 comments:

  1. I think they did a wonderful job on this stamp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so.

      But I had to look for what PTSD stands for!

      Delete
  2. I received the beautiful letterpress bird mail, too, thank you FinnBadger!

    I didn't have to look up PTSD, but on my turn I had to look more than twice to the 3 stamps: first I thought the plant had lost its flower (which is a trauma), but just now that I read your text, Eva, I realized that the green part in the middle is a leaf and not the stem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the illustration they chose for this concept. The stamp is beautiful.

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.