15 March 2020

Sunday Stamps | Celebrate

Today's theme in Sunday Stamps is Celebrations. The first stamp that comes to my mind is this one, received last week...


It seems there is few to celebrate these days when, at least in my country, all celebrations have been cancelled. We are longing for coming back to the routine. So let me show a visually similar (Don't you think so?) sheet designed by the artist Michiel Schuurman. The title is Gewoontjes = 'Ordinary'.


Since 2019, PostNL has given the winners of several prestigious design competitions the unrestricted opportunity to design stamps. In the design process, the selected designers are free to use their own inspiration and interests. The sheet, consisting of six stamps for international destinations, is inspired by Schuurman’s fascination with marbles.
 

(More information abut this issue.)

14 comments:

  1. Definitely different style of stamps - we don't have anything like these.

    Our movements will be curtailed by the virus soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spanish stamps are also very different in style. I love these.

      Delete
  2. I hadn't seen that particular Forever 'celebrate' stamp.
    The Dutch stamps are neat, especially that each one has different marbles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find these, both the American and the Dutch, very original, and nice on envelopes!

      Delete
  3. @violet - the stamp is newly released this year

    @ eva - we'll just have to celebrate online - and the stamps you've shown are a good start

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Celebrate stamp is very nice, made of some bright paper I love.

      Delete
  4. Nice to see the combination of the US and NL stamps!
    And as FinnBadger says, fortunately there still is the internet to meet. Also here in NL these are weird times..

    Your blog post brings colour to the present grey life :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weird times, but if we remain healthy, there is a lot to be celebrated!

      Delete
  5. Love the marble sheet. They are fascinating things, I remember different types had different names, not that I can remember what they are, but do still have my childhood marbles. Hope you keep well and safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only name I remember is a 'moonie' was a marble without a colored center.

      Delete
    2. I never knew that the marbles have names!?!

      Delete
    3. You should look at the wikipedia page :)

      Delete
    4. It's fascinating!
      I am even discovering that they have names in Spanish; but not in Catalan, it seems. I had never heard those names. Maybe there weren't popular in my region.

      Delete
    5. The only other one I recognize is catseye. I am sure there were regional variations.

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.