26 July 2020

Sunday Stamps | Axel Scheffler


Today's theme in Sunday Stamps is Illustrations. A good excuse (as if I needed one) to show these stamps featuring the characters of The Gruffalo, a  book by writer and playwright Julia Donaldson, illustrated by Axel Scheffler.

A total of 10 stamps were were issued on 10 October 2019. You can see here the rest.



Also the Deutsche Post put into circulation a stamp on 1 March 2019, on the occasion of the 20th anniversary of the publication of the book (I had already written this post about).



Axel Scheffler designed the 2012 Christmas stamps for Royal Mail in 2012. 


I am sure I got more stamps from this set, but I am not able to find them now. You can see the stamps here, if you feel curious.

10 comments:

  1. Nice Gruffalo stamps. I enjoyed his Christmas ones which were both cute and amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Gruffalo stamps. And that penguin looks mischievous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gruffalo manages to look both scary and friendly at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The gruffalo has entered has entered international language and these stamps confirm its place in literature.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.