25 July 2020

The World Need More Scientists

Emmy Noether

Physicist (1882 - 1935)
"My methods are really methods of working and thinking; 
this is why we have crept in everywhere anonymously."


Lise Meitner

Physicist (1878 - 1968)
"Life need not be easy,
provided only it was not empty."

Alice Ball

Chemist (1892 - 1916)
"Men dominated higher education in 1915,
and Alice Ball was admitted against the odds"
Miles Jackson, Univ. of Hawaii Professor and Dean Emeritus

Mary Agnes Chase

Botanist and suffragist (1869-1963)
"Grass made it possible for the human race to abandon
cave life and follow herds."

Katherine Johnson

Physicist and mathematician (1918-2020)
"[The other woman] didn't ask questions
or take the task any further. I asked questions;
I wanted to know why. They got used to me
asking questions and being the only woman there."


Postcards sent by Phillip (the USA). Works by Rachel Ignotofsky.

4 comments:

  1. At least I know about Katherine Johnson! But now I want to learn about all the others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I learn a lot trough these postcards! :D

      Delete
  2. Nice to see this group of women together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imagine all of them together in a party! :D

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.