15 November 2020

Sunday Stamps | The Queen's Jubilee Tour 1977

 
I don't collect first day covers, but there are some that I find especially appealing, like this one sent by John (the UK). 

In 1977, a series of 24 covers were issued in the UK to celebrate the Jubilee Tour taken by the Queen from Glasgow in May 1977 to Londonderry in August. The covers use the Silver Jubilee stamps and were postmarked at each stage of the tour. You can see here all of them. 

This is a post for Sunday Stamps. Go there to see what everybody uploaded today.

4 comments:

  1. Wow that is a lot of covers. Busy year for the queen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. And the stamps look quite large.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Although in general I'm not into royalty stamps, I like these a lot.

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.