15 August 2021

Sunday Stamps | M

Some stamps depicting American women for today's theme in Sunday Stamps: The lettter M.

Moina Michael (1869 - 1944)
 Professor and humanitarian,  who conceived the idea of using
 poppies as a symbol of remembrance
 for those who served in World War I

Marianne Moore (1887 - 1972)
Poet, critic, translator, and editor

Marilyn Monroe (1926 - 1962)
Actress, model, and singer.
(See this postcard!)


Margaret Mead (1901 - 1978)
Anthropologist

For more Women on Stamps

8 comments:

  1. Could be the answer to the who would you invite to an imaginary dinner party question, although I don't know anything about Moina Michael so she would be the mystery guest.
    Love the Margaret Mead stamp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dinner would be everything but boring!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you included Moina Michael with these illustrious women. I had not heard of her (as I had not heard the name 'Moina')

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Stamps! I would love to have all of them over for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a great meeting, wouldn't it?

      Delete
  4. I doubt they ever met but it looks like they were all living during Marilyn's first 18 years?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.