08 October 2023

Sunday Stamps | Exotic Food

Some exotic (from my point of view, of course!) food that has arrived on stamps from Thailand, for today's Sunday Stamps.

Above, Joint issue Thailand-Maldives from 2019, featuring coconut and durian.

Below, 2020 New Year stamps, featuring traditional desserts: somechun and lotchon (coconut & litchi).



But you need to buy something before cooking. So, some Australian stamps from 2007 issued under the theme Market Feast: Vegetable stall in Adelaide Central Market and Sydey Fish Market.

10 comments:

  1. A delicious array you brought us today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried durian. I think it has a very peculiar taste, so I feel curious.

      Delete
  2. Love wandering around market stalls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The exotic fruits stamps are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vegetables stamps are always among my favourite.

      Delete
  4. Market stalls are so much more interesting than grocery stores. I enjoy all of these, with the possible exception of durian, which I'm not inclined to try.
    It seems I can only comment using Chrome, which comes up with my old VioletSky blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would try it at least once... Although what I've heard about durian makes it looks not tasty.

      Sorry about your problems with comments. I'm happy you can comment, anyway.

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.