15 October 2023

Sunday Stamps | Red Iron Lighthouses

Sunday Stamps is today dedicated to my favourite theme on stamps: Lighthouses.


Campen Lighthouse is an active lighthouse in the village of Campen, by the Ems estuary, in the East Frisia region, state of Lower Saxony, Germany. At a height of  65 m, it is the tallest lighthouse in  Germany.  The lighthouse was built in 1889 and went in service two years later. The stampwas issued in 2019.



The Stavoren Lighthouse is a lighthouse near Stavoren on the IJsselmeer, in the Netherlands. It was built in 1885, and restored in 2001. These are personalized stamps from 2016.

And this is the Lightship 12 Noord Hinder, currently a museum ship located in the harbour of Hellevoetsluis.

6 comments:

  1. Attractive German stamp, I always like a map

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first stamp is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The German stamp is my favourite style of lighthouse stamp - map, and architectural drawing included with the lighthouse itself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must say that the German stamp is a very favourite in my not-so-small collection of lighthouses on stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree, stamps showing lighthouses and maps are so gorgeous!

    By the way, the lighthouse on bottom is the 'Lichtschip Noord Hinder', see https://www.noordhinder.nl/en (on that website there's a map in the background, too :-) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I added the information. I have visited a couple of lightships in the past. They are stunning!

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.