08 February 2024

Thursday Postcard Hunt | Mills


This is a postcard from Bruges and I love it. Not only because I have received it twice, firstly from my friend Laura and later through the Postcrossing site. But also because I have actually visited the place, and sent this very scenery myself.

Below, some more mills (a favourite topic) on stamps, sent by Heleen from the Netherlands:



Update: 22 February 2023

------------------------------------------------

Thursday Postcard Hunt

February theme: BUILDINGS
  • Week 1 - Lighthouses
  • Week 2 - Windmills
  • Week 3 - Public buildings
  • Week 4 - Houses
  • Week 5 - Temples, churches
Everyone is welcome to share their postcards!

6 comments:

  1. they look so big, I'm sure they are....never had the fortune to see them in person

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! Not working nowadays, but still impressive.

      Delete
  2. Showing the inner workings in the Dutch stamps is a nice addition. The Belgian ones have a unique look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that, for once, the stamps included the machinery. Very interesting!

      Delete
  3. A windmill always adds to the landscape. I too like the little close ups and love to see old machinery in motion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the pictures on the postcard are a bit old. The site is gorgeous in person.

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.