09 September 2024

Letter Writing As Activism

Since writing is the only thing I can do very well, I wondered recently if there was a way of doing some good in the world by using this skill, other than authoring books or becoming a journalist. I was thinking of the impactful letters I’ve read, sent by everyone from Vincent van Gogh to Rabindranath Tagore and wondered if in our digital world, a handwritten letter would stand out more and, therefore, have more of an effect. I know we can’t always calculate what impact our actions would have, but that didn’t prevent me from looking up whether letter writing has ever made a difference, a question I didn’t really need to ask, because of course it has.
Letter Writing as Activism - A Reading List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.