12 September 2024

Thursday Postcard Hunt | Bay Bridge


The Gov. William Preston Lane Jr. Memorial Bridge (informally called the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and, locally, the Bay Bridge) is a major dual-span bridge in the state of Maryland. 

The original span, opened in 1952 and with a length of 6,4 km, was the world's longest continuous over-water steel structure. The parallel span was added in 1973. 

The postcard was sent by Phillip (the USA).

-----------------------------------------------
Thursday Postcard Hunt
September theme: BRIDGES
Everyone is welcome to share their postcards!

9 comments:

  1. I like how the two spans are different, but not vastly so. They look complementary to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live at the end of the other side, in Virginia. The entire bridge + tunnels is 17 miles long. I love it! I have lots of photos, but no postcards :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful piece of engineering magic especially in that light.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did not have such s beautiful view when I drive across!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.