01 February 2015

Water on Stamps

Today's theme in Sunday Stamps-II is Water. It was surprising to discover that I have received a lot of stamps that show water in one or another form.

Unable to decide among them, I have chosen to contribute with two different approaches:

Waterfalls

From New Zealand
Issued on May 9, 2007. It shows Rainbow Falls. More information about the issue. 


From Russia
Issued on 16 august 2005. It belongs to a series of 5 withe the title The Earth - Light-blue Planet. A better picture and more details here.


Saving Water

From Spain
Issued on January 3, 2013. It belongs to the series of Civic Values, and was issued because of the declaration of 2013 as The International Year of Water Cooperation. More information here.

The funny fact about this stamp is that I have received it sometimes upside down:



Or, just yesterday, like that:


A bit confusing, I guess!

From France
Issued on April 4, 2014. Included in the sheet Act on Climate Change for the Sake of the Future.

21 comments:

  1. Those are some great stamps! I like the different view points you chose to share :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great selection, I like Spanish stamp and can see why it might be stuck upside down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The viewpoint of the Spanish stamps is clever and really gets its message across.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I get tired of stamps I see so often. But I like specially this design.

      Delete
  4. I have a different waterfall from New Zealand. I can see why the Spanish stamp causes confusion. The Russian stamp is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic Spanish stamp. It makes me think of Escher's work of impossible perspectives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also thought of Escher first time I saw that stamp.

      Delete
  6. A beautiful collection, thank you for sharing!
    And the Spanish stamp is intriguing (and also makes me think of Escher, who created an impossible waterfall graphic, too!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to think of Escher every day during 2015... :D

      Delete
  7. I love the message of the Spanish stamp, but even though I am a huge Escher fan, I didn't really think of him when I saw it...but after reading the comments above, I can see the correlation...thank you for pointing it out everyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful selection for water-theme. My favorite is the water falls :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love waterfalls on stamps. They are so refreshing!

      Delete
  9. I'm glad it wasn't only me that found the Spanish stamp a little confusing!
    The Russian waterfall is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid it is always confusing at first sight. Maybe it's made like that to force people to think of the message...

      Delete
  10. oh, and I love the idea of drops of water being as a diamond in the French stamp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good way to remind the slogan: "Water is a precious thing. Let's save it!"

      Delete
  11. The Russian waterfall has enough rocks in it that you'd almost be tempted to try to cross it. A lovely collection of stamps but I do like the way the Spanish one makes you think.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.