16 June 2016

The Year of the Monkey, Incoming (2)


Surprisingly, the same day I received the second monkey postcard from FinnBadger, I found three more monkeys on my mailbox. These two wonderful Canadian stamps arrived on different pieces of mail: a postcard from Alberta and a letter from Nova Scotia. So, from both extremes of that big country. Isn't that amazing?

And still a monkey arrived on a postcard from Japan on the same very day!



And a week after arrived these funny monkeys... Can you believe these are stamps?


It seems that there is a discussion among philatelists, and most of them do not like the Animail stamps. Maybe because they are more fun to use than to collect? I find funny the way they hold on postcards and letters, too:


6 comments:

  1. A fantastic set of monkeys! I for one think the animail set is wonderful - so much fun, and they look great on your mail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you seen the rest? I think I've been really lucky with this set. My friends love it :D

      Delete
    2. Yes, I have seen them all - so much fun, I love them too.

      Delete
  2. Great stamps, and funny, the way John (and/or Laura?) sticked the animail monkeys on the post :-)

    I am surprised that (some?) philatelists wouldn't like the animail stamps, but one reason I can image: they might not fit so well in stamp albums, and the thinner parts might be a bit more vulnerable than a rectangled stamp is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These two monkeys came from Laura.

      Delete
    2. Heleen, the stamps are issued on a mini-sheet, so I imagine collectors would just buy that.

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.