24 June 2017

Iconic Warhol

This week, the theme in Postcards for the Weekend is Iconic person. I do not receive a lot of pictures of people, but I happen to have received the following one.

Jackie,1954
The postcard above is a painting by the American artist Andy Warhol (1928-1987). The postcard below, an advertisement for a restaurant inspired in one of the best known Warhol's illustrations. Both sent by Phillip (the USA).



By the way: this is the third time that Katzinger's appears on Mail Adventures (first, second)! 

10 comments:

  1. I didn't know about this brand Katzinger. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nor did I, until I received these postcards!

      Delete
  2. I never have seen the portrait of Jacky - I only know Warhol's portraits of Marilyn Monroe - but I think this a beautiful one, and prefer it to his other works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see these again. Jacky O - one icon painted by another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a while since I received these postcards... I saw recently a documentary about Warhol very interesting.

      Delete
  4. "one icon painted by another" - well put :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. En 2015,j'ai vu cette photo de Warhol à l'expo "les icônes américaines " au grand palais à Paris ,en fait c'est un tableau fait de 3 photos de Jacky ,il y avait un autre tableau fait de deux photos identiques de Jacky à l'enterrement de jfk je pense ,celle connue de lis Taylor et Marlon Brando .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.