11 March 2013

Political Mail Box

I'm so familiar to yellow postboxes that is always a surprise when I travel and discover yellow is not the universal colour for mail. So is really strange to discover that in Madrid there is this blue postbox.


Well, in fact I ignore if it is still alive. It appeared last Monday morning as part of a non organised (so far) political protest. It seems that some members of the Spanish Government have been receiving envelopes with undeclared incomes (umpteenth corruption case). So somebody, anonymously, painted the postbox with the colour and the logo of the ruling party.

Of course I disapprove vandalism. Especially against defenceless postboxes. But somehow it is a disturbing and at the same time inspiring idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.