06 March 2014

Pink Is All You Need


Envelope sent to Dimitra (Greece), for the mail art project Colour My World. Every month is dedicated to a colour, and March is the month of pink. You can participate until November 2014, sending mail in your favourite colour. Read the details here.

This is the collage I included inside:

Pink is all you need

This is also a post for the monthly link-up hosted by Mary. The theme this month is Optimism. This is a blog about mail matters but... Is there something you need more optimism for than sending mail? According to Mary's post...
  • Forget about failure. First of all, you need to be optimistic and think the letter will arrive. Every time a piece of mail arrive, it is a little success. And if it have arrived soon, this is a victory!
  • Surround yourself with positivity. Also you need to be in an optimistic mood to write letters. I think every one who writes letters or postcards tries to do the best in searching for nice things to tell. Because you don't want to burden the receiver with dark thoughts, do you? So writing forces you to think in positive (in pink?).
  • Practice kindness. Sending mail is always an act of kindness. Specially if you put effort in send personalized messages, if you lose time searching what the receiver could love most.
  • Take responsibility... And answer always the mail you receive. That will bring you the happiness of fulfilled duty (oh, you understand me: mail is never a duty...!).
  • Manage your stress. Making mail art or writing about positive things... are not a relaxing activities?
What do you think about mail and optimism?

The back of the envelope:

10 comments:

  1. Such pretty pink mail! And I think you did a wonderful job applying optimism to mail; someday when I get involved in the world of snail mail, I'll be happy to have gotten your advice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be careful, because mail is highly addictive! :D

      Delete
  2. Yes, for me, too, Mail in general and Mail Art specifically makes me optimistic about life. Exchanging mail with people from all over the world is connective and gives one perspective and it generates optimism.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly my point of view. Thanks for your visit and your comment.

      Delete
    2. I'm getting more and more guilty as I read this - I think my last mail to you (hopefully flying over the Pyrenees about now) moans about my health. Just ignore that bit!!!

      Delete
    3. Oh,no, please: your mails give off good humour even when you speak about unhappy facts. :)

      Delete
  3. Yes! Sending optimistic mail! Absolutely great. I'm so glad you participated, love! Thanks so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks very colorfull. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.